why does the traccar-web start so slowly, how to optimize it to start more quickly

tom6 years ago

Hi, @Anton Tananaev, as we know, the frontend web framework of traccar-web is EXT, but how to optimize it to see the first page more quickly, here I just only see the loading within twenty seconds, sometimes it takes more time, so I just wanna know how to optimize it and start the first webpage more quickly?

Turbovix6 years ago

Hi @Tom, I have the configuration below in DigitalOcean, and my Traccar takes exactly 3 or 4 seconds to show the login screen, of course it also depends on other factors: speed of your internet, browser and maybe other ...

2 vCPU / 2 GB Memory / 40 GB Disk / NYC3 - Ubuntu 16.10 x64

tom6 years ago

HI @Turbovix, I just deploy the traccar server in my personal computer, and access it using "localhost" and access the internet resource through my company network, I firstly think the reason of that is the extjs framework, because it is so heavy and takes much more time to load, if it is not the extjs reason, what can I do to inspect the "slowly load" problem and to fix it?

Turbovix6 years ago

Did you read the documentation?, Even though you report a problem with Traccar-Web's slowness, so it really should be something that renders the page in question in the browser!

(https://www.traccar.org/optimization/ "Optimization")

tom6 years ago

I have already read this document, but I think this is for lots of connections between server-side and GPS devices, now I just wanna open the webpage more quickly, maybe it is said the "FirstScreen Time", I just wanna reduce the time

Turbovix6 years ago

In fact there must be some problem, I made the local installation on my Dell i3 4GB running Ubuntu 17.10, and in less than 2 seconds the login page is available!

tom6 years ago

I think I just find the reason for it, I am in China, and some website outside is not allowed to access, I just opened the debug control panel of chrome and analyse the network tab, I saw a CDN website accessing was blocked, the address is "https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/extjs/6.2.0/ext-all-debug.js", when it loaded, the first page is shown, next I will use my local js framework to accelerate the speed of the "first screen showing"

Turbovix6 years ago

Just a detail, I did the test with my notebook off the net, since the traccar will get some scripts in cloudflare "file load.js" (https://github.com/tananaev/traccar-web/blob/master/web/load.js), so that would not be the problem!

davejh6 years ago

Turbovix are you certain that traccar makes calls to external scripting. if so this concerns me. can you clarify

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

By default Traccar downloads some open source libraries from Cloudflare CDN, but if you are worried about it you can always host it locally as well.

davejh6 years ago

Can you tell me what libraries traccar downloads and would I need to recompile traccar to host those libraries locally. I'm also just wondering why you don't include them with tracxar

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

You can look in the load.js file to find which libraries are downloaded from CDN. You don't need to recompile anything. We don't include them because it's easier and faster to download them from CDN.

davejh6 years ago

OK thanks for clearing that up. I am really impressed with traccar affter trying several other offerings. Thanks your work is much appreciated