Custom map configuration?

Zenon Panoussis5 years ago

I read that custom map layers can be configured, but I can't find where or how to configure them, other than perhaps by serving a local ol.js instead of the one from cloudflare. Any pointers please to what I've missed?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

You can set custom map URL under Settings > Server.

Thanks!

I tested it, so now I have a menu choice "Custom" which uses Google maps. In the tc_servers table I found "map => osm, mapurl => https://mt0.google.com/vt[etc]". Questions:

What does "map => osm" mean?
Can I insert several alternative tile servers in tc_servers, so that they are available to all users? If so, where do I put their name (i.e. "Google" instead of "Custom")?

OSM means OpenStreetMap. You can only use single custom layer. You can't name it.

OSM means OpenStreetMap.

Yes, I know that. What I meant is, what does "osm" mean in the context of a custom non-OSM tile server (Google in this case)? As in, does "osm" refer to some specific rendering routine or similar?

You can only use single custom layer. You can't name it.

OK, thanks. And here comes another RFE: the ability to use several named layers. I suspect that it would only take one more column in tc_servers for the name, and a recursive parsing of 'select * from tc_servers'. It's not important, but it would be a nice-to-have if and when some time you happen to be looking for possible improvements.

OSM map layer has nothing to do with custom map layer. It refers to main OSM tile server.

For any feature requests I would recommend to use GitHub.

Vic4 years ago

I'm having the same question but can't find server settings at all. Where is that hidden?

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

You have to be logged in as an admin user.

Vic4 years ago

I am

Then you should have server settings.

Vic4 years ago

where?

Settings > Server

Vic4 years ago

no settings to see anywhere. Should that be in the gear menu in the upper right corner? The user is the only user I created while installation. How can I make sure it has admin privileges?

How did you create the user during installation? I'm very confused. Are you still talking about Traccar? Admin user is there by default.