Manual installation via cpanel

M Sh5 years ago

I've extracted the archive to a folder. Unable to find the config file. Can anyone please help.
Thanks in advance

Manuel Suárez5 years ago

As far as I understand C-Panel is a hosting management software so it is impossible to install traccar from there, you would have to install it from command line in and I doubt that those accesses give you normally those host administration servers do not have support Java, you would have to hire a cloud server or mount a physical server but not in a hostin with C-Panel or Plesk in any of you can mount traccar

M Sh5 years ago

Thanks Manuel
I am trying to install manually by extracting the traccar installer package to a folder. And then make a subdomain pointing to that folder. Shell access is there.

Tracker5 years ago

So, have you already installed java? in this case you need to configure a reverse proxy to be able to point it to your subdomain in the forum there are many topics on how to do it with either Nginx or Apache

Now that installation package you are downloading is the official traccar page, if so, you must install it not only unzip the file in the folder since traccar by default is installed in opt / traccar, and if the option you are using is from the source code bone a manual installation in the same way is not enough to just download the source code and put it in the folder you must compile it and that only you do if you are an experienced user

M Sh5 years ago

No Java support so it won't work in the first
place as I understand
Thanks