HTTP 429 Too Many Requests - ClientErrorException (...)

jason diesel2 years ago

My server logs are filled with these errors:

2022-01-20 17:05:27  INFO: [3f3173c7] disconnected
2022-01-20 17:05:27  WARN: Geocoding failed - HTTP 429 Too Many Requests - ClientErrorException (...)

Nothing is going into the database at all.
I have disabled Geocoding completely, so I do not think it is geocoding related. but the message is.

Anyone have an idea on this?
I see my devices connecting in...

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

The error clearly indicates that geocoding is not disabled.

jason diesel2 years ago

This is the snippit from my traccar.xml file:
Would that be the only place where geocoding is defined?

<!-- Reverse Geocoding, to get the address -->
<!--
#    <entry key='geocoder.enable'>true</entry>
#    <entry key='geocoder.type'>google</entry>
#    <entry key='geocoder.key'>YOUR API KEY</entry>
-->

Any idea what would cause no data going into the db>? I have HEX codes coming in....

What about default.xml?

jason diesel2 years ago

It is in default.xml with a 'hash' at the start of each of the 4 lines?
#

Can I assume that this is not a comment?

No, that's not a valid comment. I don't even know how your server starts with hashes there. It would make it an invalid config.

jason diesel2 years ago

Been through both default and traccar xml files, no more # and completely commented out the geocode entries. Same thing.

2022-01-20 19:20:23 INFO: [41c06159] disconnected
2022-01-20 19:20:23 WARN: Geocoding failed - HTTP 429 Too Many Requests - ClientErrorException (...)

Maybe it is being read from something legacy in the db? Are there other config files... cache...?

No, this error clearly indicates that you still have it enabled.

jason diesel2 years ago

Ok, it is all on docker, with remote sql, I will blow away and start fresh, will not take long, but something is wrong, also that I have no events in the db....?

Note that we have geocoding enabled by default in version 4.15.

jason diesel2 years ago

Yea, just pulled the docker image appart and there is a default.xml file inside that has geocoding enabled... with someone else's key!

That's our key.

jason diesel2 years ago

Ok, so there is a bigger problem with the docker image... you cannot delete the default.xml file, and you cannot reference that from outisde the container either.

traccar | 2022-01-20 20:36:45 ERROR: Main method error - ./conf/default.xml (No such file or directory) - FileNotFoundException (... < Config:44 < Context:281 < Main:120 < ...)

I tried to modify it, to remove the section, but as soon as you restart the container, it has the default.xml back there. So this is stuck until we get a new docker image.

You don't have to modify default file. You can disable it in the main config file.

dwijadas2 years ago

Is the GeoCoding needed ?