Nominatim reverse geocoding my own server

zvizdo2 years ago

Hello,

I installed nominatim on my own server but not tile server just reverse geocoding to use it with traccar.

Now when I use reverse geocoding via web nominatim.mydomain.com/reverse I get exactly location with the street when I enter Lat and Lon coordinates, please check the image bellow:
https://ibb.co/yNyLtY2

but when I use it via traccar , I only get country, state and town there is now street address or postal code, please check the image bellow:
https://ibb.co/WtvbPC4

What can be the issue, why in the traccar is not displayed street address as it is when I use on web example?

Thank you!

Ronaldo2 years ago

you configured the parameters in geocoder.format in the configuration file?

zvizdo2 years ago

yes Ronaldo, I tried this :

%h %r, %s, %c

Ronaldo2 years ago

I don't know the sampling order of Italy to be more precise in helping you, but I see that you removed the parameter that shows the town (city).

by default, traccar shows 5 parameters, but in total there are 9...

take a look at the configuration documentation and also try restarting traccar...

post your config file to help it be better

Ronaldo2 years ago

I need to stress that the context of the information here is provided based on the official app...

naturally, information tends to fail when we go outside that scope, like for example I see your app abbreviates in the country name...

We don't know if it modifies more situations...

zvizdo2 years ago

Traccar Address format string. Default value is %h %r, %t, %s, %c.
so if I do not use any settings in the traccar.xml file that would be default format for the geocoder and that is fine which is showing the streets.

I was using locationIQ and Google reverse geocoding and it is working fine with my traccar server, it is showing addresses to .

kromhout2 years ago

I have set this line.

<entry key='geocoder.format'>%r %h, %u, %t - %s - %c</entry> 
Anton Tananaev2 years ago

You can also try %f which should give you original full formatted address as returned by the geocoding service.

zvizdo2 years ago

Thank you, I will try it and post the result.

heavenlyangela year ago

zvizdo what was the result?