December 9, 2017
Traccar GPS tracking server version 3.15 is available for download.
Key modifications and new features in this release:
- Some attributes (e.g. units) were moved from user and server into corresponding attributes.
- Filtering was extended to allow some messages to be excluded from filtering. For example, in most cases alarm messages should not be filtered. It is possible now with new release.
- It is now possible to save commands for later use. It is especially useful for custom commands. For more information refer to commands documentation.
- There is a significant change to notifications system. Notifications can now be configured per device, not just globally. This feature has been requested many times in the past and now it's available.
- Traccar now supports flespi service as a protocol. Flespi is an IoT telematics backend and framework platform by Gurtam. It's a proprietary service, but it can improve support for some devices and it has generous free limits. See official website for more information about the service.
- There are some exciting changes to reverse geocoding module. It's now possible to query address information per user request instead of automatically requesting it for all messages from device. It should help to greatly reduce reverse geocoding costs. If this option is enabled user can request address directly from web app and it will also work for reports like trips.
- Traccar added support for LDAP user authentication. With LDAP you can integrate Traccar with your directory and share credentials between your website and Traccar. For more information read LDAP documentation.
New GPS trackers communication protocols in 3.15:
- GEN-X - Sierra Wireless GenX telematics and tracking units
- flespi - IoT platform by Gurtam (more info above)
- D-WAY - D-WAY communication protocol
- Recoda - protocol for M610 and other devices
- OKO - GPS trackers manufacturer with headquarters in Ukraine
- IVT401 - Intellinet GPS trackers
- Sigfox - Digital Matter Oyster Sigfox gateway protocol
- T57 - protocol for T57 devices
New Android and iOS client apps are coming out soon. New apps will include option to select location accurary and reduce battery usage.
Another good news is that OpenCage reverse geocoding provider is now offering discount on their services for all Traccar users. Check reverse geocoding documentation for the discount code.
There are many new features and improvement on the roadmap for Traccar project. If you want to receive updates, please subscribe to the newsletter.
Discuss it on forums.