March 10, 2018
Traccar GPS tracking server version 3.16 is available for download.
Noteworthy new features and improvements in this release:
- Access to media files - photos and other media files can now be accessed directly from the web app.
- POI layer - now it's possible to add custom POI layer to map from a KML file.
- Disable devices - in addition to disabling user accounts, you can now disable individual devices. Option is available only to admin users in the devices dialog.
- User actions logging - most of the user actions are now logged in the standard log file. This can be useful for investigating incidents.
- Limiting notifications to schedule - the new release has an option to link calendar to notification records. It can be used in case user wants notifications to be triggered only during certain period of time.
Traccar 3.16 also includes multiple smaller improvements and bug fixes. If there is a port conflict with some other process on the system, Traccar will disable the port instead of failing to start. This was a very common issue recently because Microsoft started using port 5040 for one of the system services on Windows. There was also a fix to SMTP user attributes which were broken in the last official release.
New GPS communication protocols in this version:
- SPOT - GPS trackers that use satellite connection for reporting data to the server
- M2C - protocol from M2Cloud
- OpenGTS - standard OpenGTS protocol used by some trackers (e.g. GPSLogger mobile app)
If you want to receive Traccar project news and updates please subscribe here.
Discuss it on the forum.