January 19, 2020
Traccar server version 4.7 is available for download.
Notable changes and features in this release:
- Added missing index on positions table. It was only an issue if you installed version 4.0 or newer without upgrading from any earlier version. The index on device and time columns was missing, which was causing very slow reports. The issue is fixed now, but note that it might take a while to create an index, so be patient when you start server first time after upgrade.
- Logging of failed login attempts. We are now logging failed attempts with IP address in the standard Traccar log file. It can be useful to track any malicious activity and set up automated tools like Fail2ban.
It was a while since last release, so there is a huge number of smaller improvements and this time we have the longest list of new protocols:
- Race Dynamics - GPS protocol from a company from Bangalore
- RST - MultiPortal (company from Brazil)
- PT215 - ThinkRace communication protocol
- PacificTrack - telematics protocol from a California company
- Topin - ZhongXun Topin (similar to GT06 protocol)
- OutSafe - GPS protocol from a Mexican company called Sigaba
- Solar Powered - protocol from a Shenzhen hardware company
- Motor - another Chinese GPS protocol
- Omnicomm - fuel monitoring solutions
- S168 - solar powered GPS ear tags for livestock
- VNETGPS - protocol from VNET (Viet Nam Electronics)
- Blue - communication protocol from ExtremTrac
- PST - PST Eletronica open protocol from Brazil
If you want to receive Traccar project news and updates please subscribe here.
Discuss it on the forum.