July 5, 2020
Traccar version 4.9 is available for download.
The biggest feature in this release is the new web app. It's an early preview, so for now only very basic functionality is available. You can manage devices and track location live, but we are working on adding more functionality to eventually match and surpass legacy web app. Some important facts about the new web app:
- Licensed under Apache 2.0, which is much more flexible and open than GPL
- Uses modern web frameworks like React and Material UI
- Size and performance are significantly better comparing to the old app
- Much more mobile friendly, so hopefully it can soon power the Traccar Manager mobile app
- Relies on the standard Traccar API, so the API is almost unchanged
Other notable changes in this version of Traccar:
- Health monitoring for Linux to automatically restart service if process died or froze
- Support for Pushover notifications
- Commands support for OsmAnd protocol
- New API endpoints to get single object by id
- Option to enable standard HTTP access log file
- Added database index for events table
- Countless updates to existing GPS protocols
New GPS device protocols in this release:
- Dingtek - smart sensors from Dingtek (Beijing, China)
- Wireless Links - fleet management and vehicle tracking solution provider based in the US
- NIOT - no information is available
- Portman - GPS devices from Portman Electronics (Dongguan, China)
To receive project news and updates, subscribe to the newsletter.
Discuss it on the forum.