August 7, 2022
Traccar server version 5.3 is available for download.
The main focus for this release was to improve stability and fix remaining issues from the recent major changes in Traccar.
Notable changes and features in this version:
- Web app selection - switch between modern and legacy web apps is now done in the configuration file.
- Device expiration - it is now possible to set an expiration time for each device. After expiration the device will be effectively disabled.
- Disable email change - an option to disable email change. It is useful to restrict regular users from changing their email address.
- New media events - Traccar supported media data (audio and photos) for some time, but now it's possible to get a notification when media is received from a device.
- Direct calendar creation - simple calendar can now be defined directly from Traccar web app.
- Refuel events - a new event and notification to track fuel increases.
- GPX export - an API endpoint to export positions in GPX format.
- Delete user account - regular users can now delete their accounts if registration is enabled. It is a requirement from Apple for iOS mobile apps.
- New API token system - user tokens are now generated separately in preferences and they have a week expiration time by default.
- Pushover user attributes - per user Pushover configuration.
- Media links - better handling for photo and audio data in the modern web app.
- Icon scaling - a configuration option to make map markers larger or smaller.
There are also a large number of other small improvements and fixes.
If you want to receive Traccar project news and updates please subscribe to the newsletter.
Discuss it on the forum.