Looking for a device for a boat (Renaud can you recommend?)

larsen7 years ago

I saw in a thread here you were looking for a device that had similiar qualities as what I am looking for.

You recommended the lk209 I believe, but said it didnt support WCDMA. Why is WCDMA needed?

My question for you (or others who are reading):

Which product would you recommend for a boat in scandinavia? It should have a long battery time, so we don't have to go pick it up to recharge, especially in the winter

We are students, so we are on a budget.

I have also tried to find a device that would work with using a power bank as power source, as you can get 20000mah for a lot cheaper than gps with 20000mah. Does anyone here have any experience with using a power bank as a power supply for their GPS tracker? And if so, which power supply gps do you use?

Thank you

MI7 years ago

Hi,
at the moment I am working with long-time battery devices...
How often do u need position update per day ???
If u only need 2 times per day it can be done with simple batteries..,
standby time can be ~2years
Regards
Michael

larsen7 years ago

2 times per day is fine, as the boat is stationary most of the time. Plus if it gets stolen, it will be stationary again when they are done riding it or need to re-fuel. Main thing is price, as we are students so I am looking for the cheapest solution that works.

It's really weird to me, that there is so little info about DIY GPS, and using cheap sources (for example cheap power banks) as power.

MI7 years ago

u should try CCRT 809....

ryanjc7 years ago

How is the CCRT 809? Do you have an email I can contact you at to discuss the device?

MI7 years ago