Teltonika devices: just not powering on

webo6 years ago

This isn't Traccar-specific but I purchased a couple sample devices from Teltonika (the FMB001 and the FMB920) and when I plugged them into the USB port on my computer to configure them, absolutely nothing happens.

No lights come on, just nothing.

I've emailed the sales rep we've been talking to about this and all of a sudden it's taking days to get a response back (the last one was "plug the FMB001 into an OBD port to charge it" but that can't be sustainable if we're deploying hundreds of these and need to configure them in advance)

I haven't had this issue with our previous Queclink or Meitrack devices but was just curious if anyone else here has had similar experiences with Teltonika.

What are the odds that both devices are duds and, if they are, what does that say about their QA?

JSilva6 years ago

Webo,

For FMB920 you need to connect Power(Red +10v...30v DC) and Ground(Black), after that connect USB and use a correct configurator for the firmware version of the device.

ghewarer6 years ago

I got FMB001 two weeks back and most of the times it doesn't show blinking indicators but it responds to SMS and also server gets location messages from the device.
Try sending SMS to the device and see if you get any response