Teltonika FM3001 - Instant fuel consumption

Claudio Grasso5 years ago

Hi everybody,

I have three TEltonika FM3001 devices and I need to determine instant fuel consumption. GPS based estimated fuel consumption is not good enough for my needs. I would need to determine it based on OBD data. Other trackers (like Ulbotech T366 and T376) do report instant fuel consumption but I do not know how they determine it. My understanding is they use some sort of algorithm that uses OBD data but I do not know the detail. I've googled for a while and found http://www.windmill.co.uk/fuel.html that proposes an algorithm based on MAF (Mass Air Flow) and Speed but I would like to know whether there is a more suitable algorithm for data provided by FM 3001.

Thanks in anticipation,
Claudio

jaimzj5 years ago

Claudio, for FM3001 , io48 is the fuel value and I have tried this. (See if it works for you).

Create a computted attribute for fuel. as following expression :

io48 ? io48 : null

I do not have an answer to your specific questions, but this gives me approximate fuel levels with FM3001 which I have observed is almost always near correct.

Thanks a lot, jaimzj. My car does not report io38. I'll need to look elsewhere.

Kind regards,
Claudio

jaimzj5 years ago

Hey Claudio, FM3001 one does report io48 again depends on your vehicle as well I guess? which vehicle are you using it on?

Also please note io48 value sent from device is % not volume metric.

Honda Civic 2018. You are right. It's a car issue, not FM3001's. I also tested with Ulbotech T366 an T376 and fuel level was not reported either.
Actually, I'm more interested in instant fuel consumption rather than in fuel level. Do you have any clues you can share?

Thanks,

Claudio