Help choosing a device for use in the UK

Steve Thompson4 years ago

Hi,

I've been searching through the forums and have even resorted to Googling the devices listed on the "Devices" page. The latter became really tedious quite quickly, the former didn't help me find an answer. I expect it is here somewhere but it's buried in amongst all the posts about the devices that don't fit my needs.

Can anyone recommend a rechargeable, portable (i.e. small) GPS tracker that works with Traccar in the UK? I'm an O2 customer but I don't really care about the carrier. The devices I've found aren't listed on the devices page but again I'm guessing that this is because the devices I've found are all rebranded devices that are listed just under their model numbers.

I've found things like the Lightbug and the Vodafone V-Tracker range but they only say they work with their own Apps and Google hasn't turned up any "How to get this device to work with Traccar" results so I don't want to spend the money and pay for a contract that means I have everything else in Traccar and one device on its own App.

Again, my apologies if the answer(s) is already in the forums, I just couldn't spot it amongst the posts for the more "Serious" GPS devices. I should point out that accuracy is not top of my list of requirements. "It's in this general area" is good enough for my needs.

Thanks

Steve

John Williams4 years ago

The Queclink GL300 is listed in 'devices' and is an excellent "rechargeable, portable (i.e. small) GPS tracker".

You can buy buy an "unbranded" (and unlocked) GL300 from Globaltelesat. They will also provide the documentation to configure the GL300 for the server of your choice, including Traccar. They work well with any 2G SIM card.

Steve Thompson4 years ago

That appears to be exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you for your response.