Device with long battery life

JuanM2310 months ago

Hi, I am looking for a device that has these features:

• Doesn't need to be plugged and has a long battery life (ideally 3 months)
  • Used to report vehicle activity every 5 minutes (if it doesn't report anything when the vehicle is not moving, that's okay)
  • Size is not important (if it's relatively big that's okay)

So far I have tried the TkStar 915, but since sleep time cannot be configured battery doesn't last more than 1 month.

Any suggestions for such device?

Thanks a lot!

Dan10 months ago

Hey Juan, I was after something similar however they don't exist for cheap. What I ended up doing was using TK905B with the 10000mah battery, then adding a 30000mah "Pass through" USB pack wrapped up to it and plugged into it. What this does is when the USB pack gets power it still continues to charge the attatched device. So if its a car, boat or bike, it will charge when the motor is on. But keeps the Tracker online too at the same time.

As for the 5 minute thing, I don't need this, I just use "shock" to tell me when something moves. I dont want to waste data and battery with pings constantly.

Alot of usb power power banks dont support pass through, so be sure to test/research before you purchase

Mictrack10 months ago

Hi Juan,

You can try Mictrack MT700, which is based on CAT M1 & NB-IoT with 2G Fallback, it is special for its ultra-long battery life.

If you just need a 3-month battery life, the MT700 is suitable, especially with mode 7. When it stops it reports at intervals of 10-1440 minutes, and when in move it will report every 1-24 hours. Of course, the interval time can be configured.

Thanks,
Mictrack

Mictrack10 months ago

Sorry, the MODE 7 should be "When the device vibrates, it will report at intervals of 10-1440 minutes, and when the device is still, it will report to the server every 1-24 hours."