GPS Tracker automatically changing position update Intervall moving/parking

Michael10 months ago

Hi.

I am looking for a GPS tracker for a car with the following requirements:

• standby mode / low battery consumption when car not moving. Position update only every 1-24 hours

• when moving position update every minute

• big battery / long runtime without charging

• usb power connector (for attaching a usb powerbank)

Is there a device available with these features?

Is there a device at all that automatically changes the position update frequency between moving/parking ?

Thanks,
MIQ

Michael10 months ago

No one?

Mictrack10 months ago

Hi Michael,

The rechargeable version of our Mictrack MT700 is fully tailored to meet your requirements.

For optimal results (longer battery life), I suggest configuring the tracker to Mode 7. For more information about the working mode, please visit the link: https://www.mictrack.com/downloads/Working-mode/MT700_Working_Mode.pdf

Thanks,
Mictrack

Michael9 months ago

Thanks Mictrack.

I think I need to go for Mode 0 since I need an update every minute when moving. When not moving an update every 24h . Can you estimate how long the battery will last with this setting? Device will move one hour per week.

Thanks.
MIQ

Mictrack9 months ago

Hi Micheal,

We will perform a real test using a low power analyzer based on your case, and then we will share the test results with you tomorrow.

Thanks
Mictrack

Michael9 months ago

That's very kind! Thanks

Mictrack9 months ago

Hi Michael,

As our measure, when the device is vibrating from power on for 1 hour, the average power consumption is 32.47mA (GPS and network are OK). When it enters into sleep, the power consumption in sleep is 4.5uA.

Theoretical calculation: 32.47mA+(4.5uA*23/1000/24)=1.36mA

According to our actual test, the average power consumption is 1.53mA. So the battery life is 7800mAh/1.53mA =5098hours=212 days.

As your case if the device will move one hour per week, the battery life should be over 1 year.

Thanks,
Mictrack

Michael9 months ago

Thanks Mictrack

Michael6 months ago

Device is very well working! Excellent low power consumption. Easy to integrate into Traccar . Running in mode 0

Mictrack6 months ago

Hi Michael, thanks for your feedback :)