Queclink GV55N update and reset help

Nicola2 months ago

Hi everyone, recently I received this GV55N but obv it's password locked. First of all I don't have the DATA_CABLE_M but I have a USB-TTL dongle (PL2303GC) which I soldered to RXD, TXD and GND pads directly on the board itself. Connected like that I can "connect" to the device, its manager tool (thanks to links found in this forum) detects correctly the IMEI and FW version (A06V28) but it returns "PasswordError" because the password isn't the default one anymore. Now, can I use the same method to upgrade and reset this device so I can have access to it and use it with Traccar? I use Queclink Firmware Update Tool Duplex v2.36 and the A12V18 fw for the upgrade but it seems like the updater doesn't detect the USB-TTL dongle because the progress bar says "Waiting..." until it reaches 300 secs and then fail error shows up (COM port and baud rate on the updater correspond to the values put in Device Manager) .
Thanks! (sorry for my bad english)

Track-trace2 months ago

Normally when you short circuit a tracker (on the battery connectors on the main board it should reset to default firmware values (e.g. the password).

Nicola2 months ago

Ok, i'll give it a try, thanks

Nicola2 months ago

Unfortunately the solution you gave me doesn't work. My question mainly concerns about what i need (fw and sw aside) to program this device. Is it mandatory to have that particular cable (DATA CABLE M) or can i update it via the TTL pads on the board (TXD, RXD, GND)? Or maybe i'm connected on the wrong pads.