September 10, 2016
Traccar server version 3.7 is now available for download.
The biggest new feature in this release is reports. There is a number of new reports available:
- Events - returns events for selected devices and groups for given interval
- Trips - experimental report that analyses data and splits data into trip items with information like distance, average speed etc
- Summary - distance, speed and other information summarized in a single line for each of selected devices
Reports now allow to select multiple devices and groups to display at the same time. There is also an option to export report into CVS format to view in Microsoft Excel or any other spreadsheet software.
Notifications system has been improved in terms of performance and a couple of new types added:
- Vehicle ignition changes
- Alerts reported by device (e.g. SOS, harsh driving etc)
All objects now have attributes to store any additional information and configuration parameters that can be used in future.
As always new release includes many fixes and improvements for existing protocols and features. There are also quite a few new protocols available:
- Carcell - popular GPS device in Brazil
- OBD DONGLE - Chinese protocol for GPS trackers
- HunterPro - Mexican GPS tracker manufacturer
- Raveon - company located in California, US
- CradlePoint - custom protocol for CradlePoint devices
If you find any issues in the new release, please report on forum or GitHub. To be notified about Traccar project news and updates you can subscribe to the project newsletter.
Discuss it on forums.