TK103A, GPRS OFF - How to fix it?

Blejzer9 years ago

Hi,

I just bought 2 TK103A trackers and I cannot get them to connect to the server.

this is the settings I use:
begin123456 / begin ok!
apn123456 gps / apn ok!
Adminip123456 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 5002 / adminip ok!
gprs123456 / gprs ok!
check123456
Power: ON
Battery: 100%
GPRS: OFF
GPS: on
ACC: OFF
Door: OFF
GSM: 31
Oil: 0.00%

fix045s***n123456 / no response

Regardless of the configuration variations, I cannot get them to connect to internet. Gprs stays off.
I took TK102B and used same SIM card and same configuration commands, and I see warning, unknown device on traccar server. So SIM card is working fine.
On TK103A, green light is on, red flashes every second. Both devices do exactly the same thing, and I believe that I am missing something.

Am I missing something in the configuration?

(Should I look for USB cable and try to configure it through PC?)

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

If you see warning Unknown device, it means that you haven't added your device to the database.

Blejzer9 years ago

Unknown device is for TK102, just to make sure that my sim card is working fine.

Tk103, never reaches server, since it never gets internet connection. Gprs is always off.
That is why I posted here, hoping someone had expirience with this device, and could help me if I made any mistake in configuration...

Thank you!

It sounds like a device firmware/hardware issue. Are you sure APN, username and password are set correctly?

Blejzer9 years ago

Apn is just gps, no username and password required, and it works with other device, so I guess you are right, this might be firmware issue. I will check with the manufacturer, and when I have update, I will post it here. Thank you for advice!

Blejzer9 years ago

OK,
I fixed it!
Or actually I figured out what was the problem. And Anton, you were right it seems.
Newer devices can do dns resolving and get actual IP address of the server, so it is fine to enter command in this way:
adminip123456 my.domain.name port

older versions cannot do this, so you have to enter actual IP address
adminip123456 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port

This resolved my problem.

Hope this helps someone else as well...

RickOShay9 years ago

Hello,

Sorry to bring up an old post but I have this same issue and same GPS. When I check the status I see:

Bat: 100%
GPS: ON
GSM: 4
Oil: 0%
APN: gps,,,;
IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx : 5002
Arm: OFF

I have port 5002 open but no data comes through. As this post states I have used the command:
adminip123456 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port
To set my IP and port, but still no GPRS and still no incoming data. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

@RickOShay, are you sure you are using correct APN?

RickOShay9 years ago

I am not sure. I thought that was just standard at "gps". How would I know what it should be?

The one you picked is almost certainly wrong. You need to ask your phone company (the one you bought SIM card from) for it.

Blejzer9 years ago

Try port 5001. Mine works on 5001.

RickOShay9 years ago

Hmmm, ok. I will have to try port 5001 later today. I contacted my mobile carrier and my APN is: mobiledata

So when I do a check status on the GPS I get the following:

Bat: 100%
GPS: ON
GSM: 8
Oil: 0%
APN: mobiledata,,,;
IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx : 5002
Arm: OFF

I guess I have 2 questions:
1.) Anyone know why I send apn123456 mobiledata to the GPS (which responds APN OK) and do a check status it shows ,,,;?
2.)At this point is there any other reason that my GPS cannot communicate with the Traccar Server? I will try port 5001 this afternoon.

Thanks,

If device sends something, you should be able to see HEX messages in the log. Even if the port is wrong. If you don't see any HEX in tracker-server.log, it means something wrong on the device side (or your server is not visible from internet).

RickOShay9 years ago

Ok, I will check the log in a minute. I still have the same issue as Blejzer, the GPRS is set to off and the GPS will respond to all commands except fix060s***n123456

Is this normal?

Zero489 years ago

Hi,
I use a USB Like (NO Circuit involved) cable for this unit. TK103A/B
Where I can easily set these parameters :
OldPassword:123456; (Only support 6 digits) (Always Use correct password before save the file)
NewPassword:XXXXXX; (Only support 6 digits)
admin:;;;;******; (Support set 5 admin numbers)
timezone:-4.00; (from -12 to 12.75)
apn:XXXXXXXX.XXXXX;;; (APN;user;password;)
adminip:XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXX:PPPP; (IP:port)
gprs:1; (0:sms,1:gprs)
tcpudp:1,0; (First:0 answer,1 no answer; Second:0 TCP,1 UDP)
sleep:2; (0:sleep time,1:sleep shock,2:sleep off)

It makes easier at time of sending SMS and Usually comes Online at once.

I hope this help