How to connect a Starcom Helios Gps device to PC

Andi7 years ago

I have A Starcom System Helios GPS tracker.
Now i want to use it on traccar.
For this I have to change device server and port. There is RS232 three wires in device which is used to communicate with pc using RS232 to USB converter cable. I bought a RS232 to USB cable and connect three wires RX, TX, Ground from gps device to cable. my PC can detect the cable in device manager but GPS application provided by starcom (Installer) can not detect my device. How do i connect my GPS to PC.
System Windows 8.1 64 Bit
Gps device- Helios Adv 1.0

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Traccar can only communicate with devices via network connection. It doesn't support serial port communication at the moment.

Andi7 years ago

I want to configure helios gps tracker to use it with traccar. But right now it is configured to send data to starcom server.

OK, I see now. You want to use cable to reconfigure device. Are you sure that it's possible?

No, I can't open it. PDF doesn't load.

Looks like it should be possible.

You should probably contact device vendor with your problem.

Andi7 years ago

They do not allow to use the device on another server. so deny to help

Andi7 years ago

once the software able to connect the device I can change server and port of the device.

You have a problem with their software, right? Don't tell them that you want to configure server. Tell them that you want to configure some other parameters.

Andi7 years ago

They had provided me the software for configuration. but software can not detect the gps device connected to pc using USB to Serial cable.

Can you please stop spamming on this thread. Take your time and write everything you want to write as a single message.

I don't think I would be able to help you with your cable problem.

Andi7 years ago

Sorry for that.

TrackerBr7 years ago

Hi Andi,
  ¿cuál es la dificultad que esta enfrentando con el installr de los helios?
Tengo mucho conocimiento en este equipo y familia del segmento starcom

TrackerBr7 years ago

Hi Anton, check the possibility of integration of the helios in the Traccar?