CalAmp LMU-2720

paul846 years ago

Hi is anybody familiar with the above device and configuring it? I am able to send SMS commands to the device and receive a response, however its not sending any packets to my Traccar server?

I've followed the user manual and been able to set what I believe is the bare essentials to get the unit working.

!RP,2306,0,mdata.net.au <-- Setting the APN
!RP,2319,1,gps.traxit.com.au <-- Setting the inbound server URL
!RP,768,0,112.213.32.1210 <-- Setting the inbound server IP
!RP,769,0,5082 <-- Setting the outbound port (calamp protocol)
!RP,774,0,5082 <-- Setting local listening port (calamp protocol)

I have checked traccar log with no inbound traffic from the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Have you opened and forwarded the port? I have checked port 5055 on your server as an example and it appears to be closed.

paul846 years ago

Hi Anton,

Thanks. No port 5055 is closed by firewall. The user manual for CalAmp references UDP. However I opened 5082 TCP as part of trial and error and it is now sending packets to Traccar.

jovi6 years ago

on your server you must open port 5055.

for example: ' ufw allow 5055' (debian)

paul846 years ago

I've opened it now. None the less device is now working.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Jovi, I will have to ban you from forum if you continue to posting comments without any understanding of the issues. You are not helping. Only comment if you know what you are talking about.

Paul, Traccar only supports UDP for CalAmp protocol, so you need to open UDP port. Of course there is no way to test UDP port, so I tried random Traccar port to see if you have firewall enabled. You don't need 5055 for CalAmp device.