Issue with GPS not working in Teltonika FM4200 devices

nejck6 years ago

There is a an issue with Teltonika FM4200 (maybe other models also).

Customer support @ Teltonika confirmed it and explained they are preparing FW update about it.

They are quite not responsive, so I turn to you guys on the forum, if anyone receives the update, can you please let me know? Also I'll let you know if we receive it.

Best regards,
Nejc

zanies6 years ago

Confirmed. I have in the company 5 device's (fm4200). Since yesterday all devices have problem with gps fix.

nejck6 years ago

We have gotten the updated firmware... if anyone needs it please contact me.

The problem we have right now is that FOTA is only available (for small customers) if we have some kind of modem, so we can provide our own FOTA server. Using Teltonika's server is not possible for small customers at the moment. The modem is provided by Teltonika for about 50€, but order & shipping would take about 1 week....

For our own FOTA server we need 2 things...

• Modem (I assume GPRS modem??)
  • Software (some kind of FOTA server)

If anyone has that modem and is willing to share (software or hardware), it would help us a lot :D

zanies6 years ago

It's not possible to update firmware via cable ?
imho this topic should be moved to 'tracking devices' forum.

nejck6 years ago

Sure it can be updated via cable... but 200 devices spread around EU.. It's a bit hard for us :)

zanies6 years ago

Huh, You are right. I've just uploaded new firmware - issue seems to be fixed :)

Kaplan6 years ago

Hi, I have same problem with FM4200 can you send me the link where is possible to download the firmware?

zanies6 years ago

In pdf you can find all information about this situation, and download link to fixed FW version.
http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/9xARikxh/file.html

barosky6 years ago

Hello I'm in the same situation and I'm waiting for information from Teltonika

@Zanies: thank you for the link!

nejck6 years ago

Teltonika and FOTA are a lot more complicated than it should be... We're still in communication with them... Just to enable OTA we had to send them IMEIs... after a day, they requested FW versions that are on those trackers currently... now we are waiting for them to provide us with the software, so we can do FOTA update. After we get a software, we'll have to give them some kind of a "hardware key", then they provide a license... and than we should be able to start FOTA updates.

Argh, a lot of steps, and a lot of angry customers.. Luckily we have switched most of the Teltonika devices with an other brand before the issue was discovered.

zanies6 years ago

Imho too many steps. I also use in the company Tytan.Sat device's. Here FW upgrade process can be initiated with sms command (ftp link).

barosky6 years ago

I agree: too many steps to obtain the software and license. The worst thing (that I've just found out) is that if your public IP changes you'll need a new license key!

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen: not only they require a license key for a free software, but the key is also tied to your public IP, which in my case is dynamic because we don't need a static IP at the office.

Teltonika's devices are indeed very good, but their software is not on par.

Kaplan6 years ago

Hi, I found that FM4200 had bug (after 1.12.2017 stop working GPS). So I wrote to teltonika and they send me new firmware. I update units to newest firmware and now is working fine.