ADSB bridge to traccar

flyjodel6 years ago

Hi all,

as any of you found or found a way to read ADSB data coming from planes and putting them into the traccar database through Dump1090 ?
i've found this project : http://lee.smallbone.com/2014/03/ads-b_via_dvb-t/ (read the end of the article)
thank you
Michel

Luke williams 6 years ago

May I ask why you need to see aircraft data on Traccar? Surly the PI is doing what it should be doing with the software you installed.

Am I missing something?

abyss6 years ago

It is interesting...
I believe the best way is to connect stock dump1090 port 30003 to traccar using ncat or something similar and implement SBS1 (BaseStation) protocol support in traccar.

jaimzj6 years ago

This is interesting for sure, if it gets on the roadmap/ or development plan of traccar.

the ability to add aircrafts to traccar as well, similar to flightradar24.

good suggestion :)

Luke williams 6 years ago

will it do anything other than what the software on the PI is already doing? Other than plotting planes on the Traccar map, I know what the plotter does I have used it many times both on PC and PI, But cant get my head round the benefit of plotting planes on the same map as your devices?

abyss6 years ago

I see next benefits

• Blog post's author had to modify dump1090 code to store data in DB, traccar can do it out of a box with most all DB engines
  • Traccar web application can use not only google maps layers
  • Reports, it is possible to generate some reports related to aircraft

Also, as far as I know, traccar is used by some emergency services, may be they use helicopters, probably it is useful to know about nearby planes in their work. Just supposed use case.