Teltonika FM3300 and Traccar

TuxLinux9 years ago

Hi all,

in my first (and very simple!) test with Traccar software I want to display only my "static position" (e.g. my home).

Well, I'm using Teltonika FM3300 e dynDNS service, but I don't understand some things about traccar. I have installed only Traccar client and set up my address (with dynDNS) like this: trygps.homepc.it (alias IP XXX.YYY.ZZZ.WWW).

# TELTONIKA CONFIGURATOR

1. When I set up GPS device (in my case with Configurator Teltonika - ) is it correct in the box Domain write Ip like "XXX.YYY.ZZZ.WWW" or I must write "XXX.YYY.ZZZ.WWW:8082"?

2. In Target Server port, 5027 is it correct number?

# Traccar Client Software

1. When I add Teltonika device I must write only IMEI number, is it correct?

For this simple test I also must to install Traccar server?

Best Regards

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Your topic got into spam folder for some reason. Sorry about that.

1. I guess it should be just your IP address (without port)

2. Port 5027 is correct

It's not possible to track other devices using Traccar Client, so question about Traccar Client doesn't make sense.

You can use demo server if you don't want to host your own server.

TuxLinux8 years ago

With Teltonika FM3300 model, Traccar server works "like a charm". :-)

Many thanks.

Seltix8 years ago

Hi TuxLinux, I have a FM3300 too but I don't know how to connect with it to configure. Could you give me some help please?

Thank you :-)

TuxLinux8 years ago

Hi Seltix,

you have to reprogram your device to point to your server. In my first test I used dynDNS (http://dyndns.it/) with Traccar server installed in my notebook. :-)

Using Teltonika Configurator software (I'm using it in Win Xp virtualized in my Linux box):

• You must set up your APN (e.g. in my case - Italy - ibox.tim.it ) then you must report user name e password. Domain is IP your server, Port is 5027:
Configurator software, version 1.1.0.2, Win Xp+VirtualBox in a Linux Box

There would be other parameters to set up. Let me know if you have some problems. :-)

Seltix8 years ago

hi,

big thanks TuxLinux :D

i think you give me all the answers i needed :D

now i just need to find a usb cable to connect it, but that will be easy. i will report my results =)

just another question (if is not too mutch to ask) :
the device was purchased with a contract of gps service (now terminated), thus, the device is not identified, i just assume that it is a FM3300 from photos on the internet (im almost sure of it), but, did you ever open your device? could you send me a pic of the board? or I could send one of mine if you could recognize the board. i dint find any photo of the board on the internet :/
the only information available is in the insede, on the main chip : "Teltonika TM1"

thanks =)

Seltix8 years ago

Hi again :-)

Additional question, does the device needs to be connected to power or the USB cable is enough to use the configurator? Because if it is, it may not be the FM3300, the configurator doesn't recognize the device :-\
(I have installed the drives available on the site with the configurator)

TuxLinux8 years ago
  • Yes, I have opened it to insert SIM card;

• Here is images:

TOP side (SIM card side):

TOP Side

BOTTOM side:

BOTTOM Side
  • You can download user manual (FM3300) in my dropbox space:

User Manual FM3300

If you have only module TM1 (Teltonika) look here (a bunch of links :-P )

Seltix8 years ago

Oh dam... It is not the FM3300 :-\

Seltix8 years ago

Ahhh i found the model on the board! Its the FM2200

TuxLinux8 years ago

Yes, it's a FM2200 model, supported by Traccar server. :-)

https://www.traccar.org/devices/

For your model you can download driver and Configurator from here Download Teltonika.

Seltix8 years ago

yes it is compatible :D

i already download them but i'm unable to install the drivers on my windows 7 x64 (normally the INF driver should work).

TuxLinux8 years ago

Try to read here (pag. 9-10) FM2200 User Manual.

P.S.: You must use an external power supply - or an automotive/car battery - (e.g. 10V up to 30V for FM3300) then insert USB cable. Pag 12 in the User Manual FM2200.

Seltix8 years ago

Thank you again, it must be it! :-D

I will post my results :-)

Manu8 years ago

There's a good software to debug your Teltonika device called Terminal in the dowloads section (http://avl1.teltonika.lt/downloads/software/).

Just connect it to the usb port, choose 115200 baud rate, check the DTR and RTS boxes on the transmit frame and you will get a lot of info.

Good luck