Concox new protocol ET130, GT02E, GT300, GT800 sending only UTC time for position and status

anshuljain6 years ago

Hi Anton

Concox new protocol send only UTC time for position and status. As older concox protocol only send china time in position and status.
Now I have both kind of devices on the same server. Due to the time issue I am not able to get correct reports for the new protocol devices.

Could you please suggest me the path forward for it. Should we have to write a new protocol for it or we can somehow merge both old and new in GT06.

Thanks for your help.

anshuljain6 years ago

Protocol documentation.
Link

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Unfortunately at the moment timezone offset can only be specified server-wide and not per device.

anshuljain6 years ago

For protocol 0x22 and 0x26, can we make a conditional change in decodeGPS to use UTC timezone only instead of force one.
Please let me know if this will have any issues. I will send a PR for this.

I would recommend to fix it properly and make an option to configure timezone by device.

anshuljain6 years ago

I agree, but, how would we know the device. As all these devices are using GT06 protocol. Is there a way to know the device type as I am not able to find this in the documentation.

You don't need to know device type. You just need to use device attribute instead of configuration file option, if available.

anshuljain6 years ago

Anton, I was just checking protocol documentation and its been written that it will send UTC for these two protocols 0x22 and 0x26.
I think, it will be handle in the decoder instead of adding attribute for each device.
Same tracker comes with both old and new versions of protocols and it will be hard to maintain device attributes for new and old version of protocols for same type of devices.

Could you please suggest.

Why would it be hard?

anshuljain6 years ago

Trackers which we get comes with both new and old protocols. And I am not sure how to identify which device is on new and which is on old protocol.

I thought it's trivial to identify by invalid time.

anshuljain6 years ago

Time is not invalid as it is just showing in different timezone.

SK Zahid 6 years ago

dear can i use Concox X3 device on traccar server ,,,,?? and what protocol use this device..

anshuljain6 years ago

Yes, it should work fine. You can use Gt06 protocol with 5023 port.

SK Zahid 6 years ago

If we use protocol 5023 ..gt800 device have Purpale Line (ADC) of terminal connect to analog signal line like voltage of external device ,voltage detected by analog signal range from 0~30Vdc
.....in can i see in traccar platform.