Teltonika devices don't show in Traccar stops report..

Luke Crooks5 years ago

So I have a Traccar server setup with a few mobile devices, a few BOX hardwire devices and 2x Teltonika devices (FMB122). With the mobile and Box devices, I can run the report type "STOPS" to show how long a certain device was stopped at X location. When a teltonika device is stopped at X location, it shows as "Offline" for say 20 minutes (which would lead me to beleive traccar is logging this device as stopped for 20 minutes), then when it comes back online, this event is not logged in the STOPS report, why might this be/what setting to I need to configure (presumably on the device) for this to work.

However, If I run the "STOPS" report, whilst the vehicle is actually stopped, it shows a entry for this location and time in the "STOPS" report, but doesn't log how long it has been stopped for, just shows a 0 for the duration. But If I run the report again as soon as the device is online, this entry that did show as a stop with 0 duration, doesn't show at all.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

I would recommend to check documentation to understand how trips and stops reports work.

Luke Crooks5 years ago

Hi Anton,

Thanks for the reply, looking at the documentation (and my reports) it would seem my Teltonika FMB122 is reporting movement=True, even when the speed is set to 0. You can see a output of a report here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e7HCRGSgJKi6eMpkWbNfF4dGV0BvypNLQiIp4CcVFuA/edit?usp=sharing

Why might motion=True be set when the Speed is recordered as 0? I have changed none of the default setttings, should I try forcing event.motion.speedThreshold to 0? (I think this is default though).

If it's reported by the device, you should check with device vendor.

Luke Crooks5 years ago

Hi Anton,

I have reported it but they say the device is working correctly and its nothing they can do etc etc (happens on two different devices running latest firmwares). During the times these stops are being processed, traccar does show the device as Offline for the true length of time it has been stopped, e.g. 10 minutes, and I can run a stop report and see the vehicle has been stopped for 10 minutes. But as soon as the vehicle starts moving again, this entry in the stops report shows nothing. Why would this be? It would seem traccar initially acknowledges the stop, whilst stationary and reports on it, but then as soon as it starts moving again, this entry is no longer shown in the report, this seems more like a mis-configuration error than a device error?

It can easily happen if device reported data for that period altering the history. You need to review route report and analyse it.

Luke Crooks5 years ago

I worked this out, my logs were showing "motion=True" because my movement source was set to "Ignition" in the Teltonika configuration, I changed this to "GNSS" in the "System" Tab.

I also changed Trip/Odometer settings to..
Scenario Settings: Low Priority
Eventual Records: Enable
Mode: Continuous.