Newbie question

Rami Mohsen5 years ago

I just bought my first GPS tracker , I already have Traccar up and running using a couple of phones but this is my first OBD tracker , I find that it's supported by traccar

CC830 , protocol h02 , port 5013 ,

I changed the IP in the GPS using SMS to point it to my Traccar server but it's not showing up and confused with the ports . how can I correctly add the GPS to my server ?

my Traccar server uses port 5055

Thanks
Rami

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Follow troubleshooting guide.

Rami Mohsen5 years ago

I did , can't figure it out yet

thanks , will check it again

Rami Mohsen5 years ago

I have a question , if my server is at port 8082 and my device is CC830 so it's using 5013 , when I change the IP of the device should I make it point to xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:5013 or xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:8082 ?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Port 8082 is only for web app. For devices you should use ports 5xxx.

Rami Mohsen5 years ago

Thank you

So my IP for the device should be

IP*PASSWORD*xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,5013

Right ?

John Williams5 years ago

Don't foget that you need to set your router so that incoming connections on your public IP address will be set to pass the connections through to your traccar server.

The tracker needs to see a fixed (static) public IP address on your Internet connection.

Port Forwarding is one way to do this.

Your server will need a fixed (static) IP address on your LAN.so that forwarding knows where to go.

Rami Mohsen5 years ago

Thanks John , I already did this , I was just confused about which port to forward , now I need to set the device port to 5013 and forward this port to my Traccar server , I already have a public static IP address and static IP for the Traccar server , I'll give it a try now and see

thanks for the help

Rami Mohsen5 years ago

Thanks to you guys I got one of my TKSTAR GPS working after changing the IP. Unfortunately it didn’t work with the cc830 one. Even though it’s the same IP and server. I think it’s related to the unit itself. Nothing shows in the log