ZX808 compatible?

Willian Oliveira5 years ago

Hello friends,

Could someone please let me know if the ZX808 is compatible with Traccar?

Thanks very much!
Regards.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Do you have protocol documentation?

Willian Oliveira5 years ago

I'm looking for documentation. I bring news soon!

Thanks a lot for the help!

Stefan K5 years ago

I have the topin ZX808 - I installed the traccar client (Android) - tried to setup. But nothing showed up on the demo Server.
In the Traccar Client App -> Status: Service started, Network online
Nothing more - NO location updated.

Do I need a specific port?

Stefan K5 years ago

i tried it on my mobile phone with the same port --> 5055 (Android Client) and it startet immediately. Maybe it's a problem because it's an old android 5?
I also tried and old Version of the Client --> v4.3`- which I downloaded from github
But it doesn´t help. Any Ideas what I could do?

the ZX808 is a "Android Phone" without Display - no classic GPS Tracker. Are there any other Android Apps which are updating to a traccar server?

Stefan K5 years ago

Some Information from the device - Screenshots.

https://ibb.co/KqNBWcm
https://ibb.co/ScLVKyc

The GPS, Network Location provider, ... looks all Fine.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Follow client troubleshooting guide.

stephane bhiri4 years ago

Hello guys,
Were you able to make traccar client working on the ZX808?
Or anyone checked the logs from the ZX808 ? Any idea about native client protocol?

The device is from the same company making the ZX302 and ZX612 (TOPIN)
legacy protocol was:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uqXbGsXRnxm9WVJw3ClMdRWxdK0SZqjx/view

ZX808 is a 3G android extra small GPS device . Don't know yet they use different protocol.

Any input is welcome.

thank you

Frank Meier4 years ago

Any News with the ZX808? Did anyone getting this unit to work with Traccar?
I am looking for an alternative for my ZX612 which was useless for me as the Domain-Changes to my Traccar-Server were temporary only.
Thanks for an answer!

John Punzalan4 years ago

Hi guys,
Thanks for your hard work on this amazing GPS tracking system.

Same here, I'm trying to connect a 3G GPS Topin ZX810 to the Traccar server.
I tried the gt06 ('5023') and topin ('5199') port to get it work but i'm still struggling

I just checked this previous post about Topin devices before asking here
Topin post

I contacted the supplier and they told me that a new protocol just came up in 2020 for 3G ZX808/ZX810 devices
Communication Protocol ZX808 ZX810
Zhongxun Communication Protocol V1.1

Can someone can tell me the difference between the new protocol and the topin decoder used in Traccar ?
Any help of the community would be appreciated !

Frank Meier4 years ago

Hi John, did you have success with your Device?
I have a ZX808 and I am still not able to connect it with Traccar - my device shows some strange behavior. Actually it does not even connect to 365gps..
Thx

Uriel Vazquez4 years ago

Does anyone know the command to send via SMS to configure the Traccar demo2 server?, is for ZX808 device...

gxs4 years ago

Hey John, I'm interested in how you were able to connect to the zx808 interface?

Python developer by day but never played with Android SDK.

gxs4 years ago

Or is anyone able to tell me how they logged into the zx808? Stefan k has a bunch of screenshots that would be super helpful.

Uriel Vazquez4 years ago

ZX808is practically a cellphone without keyboard/screen. You must to connect it to your PC using a USB cable and Total Control software installed in your PC. Once you install the software, you will use it to control/connect your ZX808 as a cellphone and you will download and install android Traccar client directly in your ZX808 device.