KML overlay

David Gilman5 years ago

I am trying to get a KML overlay working. I have looked through the other posts but no luck.
I am hosting Traccar on a Linux Server and the KML file is a route to be overlayed on the map.
I have put the KML file in the "Web" folder as the other posts have suggested but it does not come up.
Any tips for a newbie?

David Gilman5 years ago

Disregard, I figured it out

paul5 years ago

Hello please could you help me with this issue as i can not figure it out lol thank you.

David Gilman5 years ago

The .kml file needs to be placed in the /web folder on your server. It must be a static kml.

In your map, from the top right menu select "Server" then in the preferences section, the bottom box that says "POI Layer" enter "/abcd.kml" (obviously replace the adcd with your kml actual file name) the file name is case sensitive so it has to match exactly.

Save by clicking the checkbox at the bottom. Refresh the map in the browser and it should be there.

paul5 years ago

Thank you I will try this, is the web folder for my server in my program files under traccar? And how do you convert your kml file to make it a static kml sorry for sounding new lol

David Gilman5 years ago

The web folder is named "web" and it is in the main Traccar folder.

Static KML just means it is something like map lines or points of interest and isn't trying to actively pull data from somewhere else, those require much more work that I am not familiar with.