2 traccar server on same network

jay5 years ago

Hi

Im trying to use 2 server on the same network, server 1 works fine on external port 8082
and 5013

If I want to do the second server, and cant use the same port 5013 for the gps tracker. any other port that I can use on the second server that will work with the tracker protocol (ST901)

thank you

Diego Marchesini5 years ago

Yes you can use the same port, you need a second public ip that point for the second server and configure your router to foward the incoming packets for the second public addresss to the second internal server ip. Same thing for the devices (configure the second public address and the same port).

jay5 years ago

Thank you

Thinking about your question... i don´t now if you can use the same ip, maybe if you change the port on the devices and declare it on the configuration xml file of the second server...
if you can put another port on your gps device, and open that new port on the server and make the corresponding fowarding on your router i think that "maybe" i´ts works...

forgiveme about my english...

jay5 years ago

I can use another port like 8083 for traccar and change in config..but my tracker port i cant change share i think...im currently using 5013

I think that you can share ports.
You have to foward the 5013 to the 2 internal servers ip.
The devices are going to send the packet depending on the public address that you configure in that device and forward it to the internal address for that public ip.

jay5 years ago

I thought as much...i will try and update this post

let me know if you need help... diego.marchesini@outlook.com

jay5 years ago

Thank you diego