ZX612 / Topin Protocol / Battery Level

Dan Dyse4 years ago

/opt/traccar/logs/tracker-server.log

Dan Dyse4 years ago

Anton, is there a way to automatically send a saved command on a notification?

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

No.

Frank Meier4 years ago

Dan, I do not have any Infos about processed attributes in the server log. Computed Attributes seems to work but still no clue why I do not get any notifications (web/email)... any ideas? Many thanks..!

Dan Dyse4 years ago

If you see incoming traffic from your device looking like this: 78780713643e0878640d0a
The 13 in this example means status and the 64 is battery level (=100%).
If you don't get such lines you probably need to enable them by sending 78780213140d0a
Again, the 13 means status and the following 14 means 20 - so the device will send a status including the battery level every 20 minutes. Depending on what was set before it might take a few hours (!) for this to take effect (usually it's activated after the next status bytes come in).

Frank Meier4 years ago

Thanks Dan, I know the Topin Protocol - battery level x13 is transported correctly; so I can see the percentage also on the page ("Battery Level
98 %".
Also Attributes seemed to work... but I can't implement them in a notification (web or email) - so the "final" step is missing!?
Thx

Dan Dyse4 years ago

Since other notifications work ... I don't know. Could only try to find the reason when I get access to server and log ... sorry.

Dan Dyse4 years ago

Hey Frank, I do have my ZX303 here now ... it's working, but I cannot change heartbeat and status interval. Commands seem to be ignored. Any idea?

Frank Meier4 years ago

Hi Dan, unfortunately I haven't received my order yet so I can't test. What I have from the protocol description:

This data is sent to the device by the server to set the upload interval of the status packet.
Eg.7878 03 13 012C 0D0A
012C uploads the heartbeat packet upload interval to 300 seconds, in seconds. The heartbeat packet upload interval ranges from 20 to 600 seconds.

Other option with SMS command:
heartbeat#seconds#

What is the hartbeat intverval you are using? May I have a demo-login from your server to test my unit because of this "lowBatt" notification? Still struggling there... :-(
Thx

Dan Dyse4 years ago

Thank you Frank, I have it working now - the problem was the wrong date/time of the ZX303 device. The heartbeat is actually producing a lot of traffic (my SIM counts around 14k per day if it is set to 3 minutes) - so I'll set it as high as possible. I am using cheap IoT cards so every byte counts. I don't want to post the details of my server in public, sorry.

Frank Meier4 years ago

Ok - understand, same here.
As I do not receive any inputs here in the forum I‘d like to share my contact somehow to solve my problem with you.
Anton, any possibilities to share server information privately?
Thanks

You can send an email to support address.

Frank Meier4 years ago

Finally I managed it.. I didn't enable the notification under "Devices"...!?
Status Online / Offline works well - if it is only setted under "maps".
What is the logic behind this (Settings Devices vs. Settings Map)? I do not understand... but happy it worked out!
cheers

In settings you create a notification. You can specify for it to apply to all devices or you can assign to devices/groups separately.

Frank Meier4 years ago

Hello Dan - how long is your standby time with ZX303? Battery?
Is your device always "on"? Settings (eg. heartbeat / status packet)? Do you change other settings?
Thx for sharing your experience...!