CJ730 (CJ720+ACC) not sleeping

jangrewe3 years ago

Hmm, for me it literally disconnected and went "offline", so it did not go into timeout. Looks like it did a proper disconnect before going to sleep. But now it doesn't seem to connect to GPRS anymore, when i shake it the green LED stays on until it goes to sleep again.

br03 years ago

Подозреваю что он выходит со сна в следствии изменения координат. Я так же пробую его встряхнуть и ничего не происходит. Но когда трекер установлен на автомобиле, то просыпается уже в пути, почти на том же месте.

jangrewe3 years ago

So i took a bit of time to reset/format/begin again from scratch, and the behaviour stays the same: sleep123456 time will eventually disconnect from Traccar and power the device down, and shaking it does wake it up again - but it does not reconnect! The green LED (GPRS) stays lit up while the blue LED (GPS) blinks. Only when i send (via SMS) sleep123456 off, it actually reconnects to Traccar and starts sending updates again. But of course then it does not go to sleep anymore.

This is such a pain...

Again, if anybody knows a device that is able to sleep, wake on vibration and has ACC/ignition detection (while still being small enough to fit somewhere on a motorcycle), i'm all ears and eyes.

jangrewe3 years ago

Alright, i gave up on all that Chinesium crap. I think i went through 4 different devices (with a 5th still being in the mail) and finally opted for a professional device that has really good documentation and a configuration tool, a Teltonika FM920, for only ~30€.

So far the only downside is that getting a firmware update seems to be a quite business-clown'ish adventure, but: a) it works really with a ~2 year old firmware already, and b) there are firmware updates at all (with proper changelogs and everything).

I'm quite in love with this thingie, and i would already highly recommend Teltonika devices after only spending half a day with it.

br03 years ago

If you bought the device from official store, then you can update the firmware, as well as the configuration through the fota web. Adjusting the parameters is also very convenient with sms.

Lukasss3 years ago

Thanks a ton for the hint - So far I did not come across these devices at all! If my CJ730 is depleting battery too much, I will get rid of it and order one of the Teltonikas.

br03 years ago

buy in official store. He can help you. I use fmb920 or fmb140 with CAN reader.

jangrewe3 years ago

I had a look on their website if there's any way to order one (1) unit, but it seems they only sell B2B and the standard package quantity is 20 pieces - i don't have that many things to track! :-D
I found one relatively cheap on eBay (new, unused), but i guess that seller won't be offering me FOTA Web access then...

Adding a OBD2/CAN adapter is also on my list of things to try, i already got one on order. That is a very exiting feature!

br03 years ago

No, i bought two devices last order. Try and write to him.

jangrewe3 years ago

Well, i already have a device now, and i'm not sure if i want to order a second one just to get access to FOTA Web. I contacted their support to ask if there is any way to get the current firmware file - i don't necessarily need FOTA Web access, as i'm not planning to do fleet management or anything fancy, i'd just like to have the device updated before i permanently install it in my motorcycle. ;-)

jangrewe3 years ago

Teltonika responded fast and gave me the password to their download site where i got the latest firmware. The update was a breeze, all config settings were retained.

This all just reinforces my recommendation of Teltonika devices. I will never buy anything else again.

Costi Dima2 years ago

So if anyone has the same problem of the GPRS LED (green) staying on without blinking, and the "status" always saying "GPRS:0", then check your ports! ;-)

What do you mean by "check your ports"? I have the same problem, the GPRS connection is 0 and the green light is always on

jangrewe2 years ago

Well, check your ports! https://www.traccar.org/port-check/

Costi Dima2 years ago

Well, the port is open, i have installed the Traccar app on my Ubuntu server and is working well when using the Trackar app for android devices, but i cannot make it work with the CJ730 relay module.

My problem is on the relay module, the Status command returns:
BAT:6, GPRS:0, GSM:4,GPS:1,ACC:0,oil:0,Power:1,S:0

and i assume that's why is not connecting to my Traccar server since GPRS is 0

Thanks!

Costi Dima2 years ago

Well, check your ports! https://www.traccar.org/port-check/

Well, the port is open, i have installed the Traccar app on my Ubuntu server and is working well when using the Trackar app for android devices, but i cannot make it work with the CJ730 relay module.

My problem is on the relay module, the Status command returns:
BAT:6, GPRS:0, GSM:4,GPS:1,ACC:0,oil:0,Power:1,S:0

and i assume that's why is not connecting to my Traccar server since GPRS is 0

Thanks!