Commands

f1cscari3 years ago

According to this Documentation, there's a huge gab in information - https://www.traccar.org/documentation/commands/
For example:

1. How do i purge queued commands? With a Server restart or how?
  2. Why are some commands not appearing in the device command list, even if they are correct configured?
  3. What does all these commands exactly mean, there is no clear definition what the values are or i didnt find them yet. Are they minutes, seconds, hours or maybe device independent? 0 = 1 Minute, 1 = 10 Minute 2=20 etc...
    These commands are great for surrounding the SMS but it is useless, if i don´t find the correct values to set.
    For any help thx in advance
Anton Tananaev3 years ago
  1. Yes, you can do it with a server restart.
  2. Not sure what you mean. What do you mean by configured?
  3. What commands are you talking about?
f1cscari3 years ago
  1. "Yes, you can do it with a server restart." - thx
  2. & 3. "User can create "Saved command" with desired parameters ..." - I mean those desired parameters, where are they documented?

For example "Benutzerdefinierter Befehl" - what is here possible for a GPS Tracker? gon#, goff#, poff#?
or "Ruhezeit festlegen"
In the device properties itself are those settings not also used as "commands"?
"Geräteinaktivität Periode" equals to tim,x# where x is minute?
"Geräteinaktivität Start" equals to gon#?

i am lost here...

I don't read German, unfortunately.

f1cscari3 years ago

"I don't read German, unfortunately." - i am sorry - i thought, maybe you understand german or you get my points.
Can you explain what the commands "armed" and "unarmed" exactly does?
If you can point to a documentation where this part is explained, it would also help.
My observations and tests gave me no clear answers, its doing something but it is somehow complete random.
many thx in advance

Arm the alarm system and disarm the alarm. What did you think they do and why are you asking about those specific commands?

f1cscari3 years ago

To prevent sending SMS for controlling the GPS Tracker

• turning the tracker on and off, changing timings, period, behaviour or what else is possible without sending SMS.
f1cscari3 years ago

For your understanding why i have to prevent sending SMS - i live near by a country border. My GPS tracker is using unstopable roaming services in the other country. It is a miracle for my GSM provider, i called them, they cant explain it, it is the GPS Tracker itself which overwrites or ignores the apn rules set on the SIM card.

f1cscari3 years ago

My Question is now, where are all those commands in detail documented? Nowhere?

We don't have documentation for command types, but most of them should be pretty obvious from the name.

f1cscari3 years ago

No it is not obvious for someone who is new in this field. Armed can be misunderstood as on or off. Period has no defined Value like is it minutes, seconds or what, apples? You programmed this, so for you its obvious, you did it all. Its great, its free, its working, i thank you so much for this, but its not obvious or well documented how the command part works. i will find it out... many thx for your time.

Armed/disarmed can only mean one thing in this context. Cannot vouch for German translation, but in English it IS obvious for anyone in the field of vehicle tracking.

As for time, it is also pretty obvious for anyone whose familiar with standard unit abbreviations:

f1cscari3 years ago

This is it