Any experts with Queclink GV500 OBD2 Tracker?

John Williams3 years ago

Hi, I am looking for some help with the GV500 OBD2 Tracker.

In particular anybody who has sucessfully used the GV500 to read the vehicle fuel level.

I have tried it with two vehicles. On one, I get widely varying results from 20% to 80%. On the other the RESP:GTOBD field is empty (as are many others)

Tony Shelver3 years ago

If you are looking at the fuel level reading via the OBD interface, then there are a number of factors at play. In my experimentation with a different tracking device, if the fuel level is available, it varies greatly with the angle the vehicle is parked at, or from surge during braking / cornering / acceleration. Started to write a damping function, but haven't gotten too far with it yet.

OBDII protocol support. Different vehicles have different implementations of the OBD protocol, and I have found that most trackers tested only fully support a few of these in full. Or maybe the vehicle does not provide that data via the OBD interface, especially older or commercial vehicles.

Thus it's quite common to get a null reading for many vehicles.

John Williams3 years ago

Thanks Tony, That is very interesting.

With OBD2 polls at 30 second intervals on the 2014 Honda car, I get a series of results all showing, say, 80% fuel and then a string of results showin, say, 20% and then some other values. But always a lot more than one any particular value.

I had assumed that the response would be the value shown on the petrol gauge. Very disappointing (and fairy useless) that is not the case.

On the 2014 diesel Fiat van, it always returns a null reading.

My firmware is April 2021.

Tony Shelver3 years ago

Could be that the Fiat isn't as complete an OBD implementation, or more likely, it's a less supported version of the protocol than the VW one (fewer sales and thus support).

Cristian3 years ago

good evening need help to get the manager tool of the GV500, thank you