Airtags + Traccar ?

kawstraining2 years ago

Anyway to use Traccar with Apple Airtags?

or Samsung SmartTags?

or Tile?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

You would need a way to extract the location data. Does Apple and others provide some kind of API for it?

kawstraining2 years ago

Seems like Samsung and Tile might, Apple does not yet, based on some stackoverflow and developer forums.

what would you need from the API, just latitude and longitude? Then how would you send it to traccar port 5007 with what identifier for example?

The Airtag/Smarttag/Tile itself would not ping to the Traccar server; instead the API would have to communicate with the Traccar server on port 5007 with an identifier correct?

(I picked 5007 because of James Bond lol, but this would add major functionality and economies of scale.)

I could work on it as a side project with some of your guidance as to how the API would interact with Traccar.

Kudos for Traccar Anton.

You can implement it as a polling protocol where Traccar would connect to the API and extract the data. As a minimum you need coordinates and some kind of identifier.

kawstraining2 years ago

Is there such an option to poll an API in the GUI graphical user interface of traccar? or is there some sort of java programming/command line setting that has to be done?

Java code. Check ORBCOMM protocol for an example.

Marcin2 years ago

Is there something new to it? For trailers it would be nice if they would work with traccar and airtags. Every other way is so complicated (Having power ans SIM for tracker)

Marcin2 years ago

Actualy the only way seems to have a Mac running with "Find My" and a script which parse the cache from it. After that it would be easy sending data via traccar API. But thats to much overhead for me...