Device position not updating on map and More Details but ok in Reports and Replay

Norm2 years ago

Victor, did you figure this out?

I am having the same issue. Device is stuck in same position on map for 3 days. But a report shows correct locations. No errors anyplace I can find.

Maurice Oduor2 years ago

I am facing a similar problem where the device is showing online but position on map is frozen in one place despite the device moving, but doesn't update the position on map.

The same device when configured to report to the manufacturer's server it works fine, it's online and update positions in realtime as it moves.

Anyone with a solution.

Victor Butler2 years ago

I think the issue might have been indeed related to the new config setup required for the firebase push notifications. I haven't seen any more positions "freeze" after I entered the new firebase config. However, I still cannot explain the random position update on the map if we assume the firebase config was to blame for.
Try updating the config and then monitor the server. Note, that after you do the update, the device has to report at least one new position to get it reflected on the map. If the device is offline, the position will not be automatically updated to the last one (from the database).

Trackera year ago

Hi Victor, I am having the same problem, I handle close to 1000 devices and for a number of them I am having the problem that you mention, in some cases the devices show an erroneous location and date of days or even months before, despite the fact that in route reports everything seems normal and with current and real positions. I wanted to ask you how you solved this inconvenience and if you can guide me on this please, I would be very grateful.