Fuel Spent reset

nofusea year ago

I created a virtual fuel tank to calculate fuel spent and wondered is there a way to reset this when I refuel?

I thought about updating the computed attribute by adding the amount of fuel I refilled with but I don’t know if that would affect other values used in the past

SYSTADOa year ago

do you use tracker with canbus or obd to see the fuel ?
Use cumputet argument with condition if fuel increases rather then decreases
For all other use a digital input with a button if your device supports it
or a command

Nikolay a year ago

SYSTADO,

doesn't that mean to know the previous value of the parameter?

SYSTADOa year ago

If you use OBD ore CANBUS the device knows the correct fule level and kan sense if you add fuel at teltonika there even
should be a refuel flag on some devices that connect to canbus or obd.

if you use a command to trigger virtual io to reset its more ore less a manuel thing

3rd option in fleets with designated refuel stops: geofence at the allowed gas stations and trigger reset at "leave geofence" event

nofusea year ago

I use canbus from a Teltonika device which sends fuel used.

This over time will show total amount of fuel used but I am curious if there is a way to reset this every time I refuel so I can see the amount of fuel used since that time

SYSTADOa year ago

Wich device ? if you use canbus you can see "Fuel level" at io84
you should be able to setup a computed argument with that to change sth if level increases rather then decreases using a virtual value like "last Fuel level"

Pseudocode:

if ( lastlevel < io84 ) { virtualfuelrate =0 }

sth like that but im not firm in the syntax of that coding language so youll need to look it up

for the device itself:
there is a setting in configurator to have io83 (Fuel Consumed in L) be reset on refuel automatically

Nikolay a year ago

I think there is confusion.

How would it be possible to reset something coming from the device. If the purpose is exactly in the device to reset the counter, it has no relation with traccar, if the device supports it you send it a command.

I don't think traccar can see the previous position.

Which means lastLevel won't work.

If the device knows how much fuel is available in the vehicle's tank, it could have a parameter that shows how much has been used since the last full fill.

But all this is unlikely to deliver useful information.

nofusea year ago

The tracker is a FMC130.

My car doesn't send the io84 value, it sends io83 (fuel used counted) and io89 (percentage of fuel)

I can't find the setting in configuartaor to reset the fuel on refill.

I think I'll have to create another computed attribute and adjust each time I refuel

SYSTADOa year ago

Read the documentation of your device.
SMS / GPRS Command for Example is: "fc_reset"

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB_fc_reset

Maybe automatic trigger fc_reset command

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMC_SMS/GPRS_Commands#Commands_Related_to_Features

READ THE MANUAL