Typical Usage Costs, Data Plans

ryanjc8 years ago

Hello everyone, I'm new to the devices I have questions about the costs associated with running them. More specifically regarding the prepaid plans of H20 sims, and the devices usage.

I have several TK102b's and was wondering about how much usage of the prepaid amount I should expect if I wanted to run them continuously. Also what is a good rate to set the devices communication with my Traccar server.
&
Are there any other providers other then H20 that I can use with these devices in California?
&
What is your experience with cheap data plans, thank you for any advice.

Thank you.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

There were some topics about data usage before. Try to search on the forum. I think people tested with Traccar Client, but it shouldn't be much different.

As for rate, I think it depends on what you are trying to track and the accuracy that you want to achieve. I guess it's better to experiment and see what works better for you.

ryanjc8 years ago

Ok thank you, I'll do some searching.

I'd imagine rate would play a role into how quickly the device uses up the prepaid plan.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Yes, of course it will affect data usage as well.

dubinl8 years ago

Also several US carriers (at least 2 of the big 4) offer a telemetry plan for very little (like under $10 a month)...though you might have to have a "business" account