Best Server Configuration

shahaba year ago

Hello Everyone
I am currently running Traccar on AWS ec2 server (1 vCPU & 2gb RAM) , And the database is postgresql running on AWS RDS ( 2 vCPU & 1gb RAM).
I am using IOT Backend to send data to traccar every 5 seconds and with 300 devices and 1 week of time, approx 5gb of data is collected and also with this configuration the ui is very slow and laggy.
I am planning to add 1000 devices now and almost 10,000 by December this year.. What should be the server and Database configuration to handle this type of data load taking into consideration that we will store all the data of every device

N:- I got to know that MySql performs better than postgresql and over that you can optimise the db to have some performance gains, and I am ready to shift to mySql. Apart from this what can you all recommend ?

Track-trace2a year ago

Why dont you setup a trial account on Google, Vultr or Amazon AWS free tier ?

Google 300 credit https://cloud.google.com/free

Vultr 150 credit https://www.vultr.com/promo/try150/

Then you can experiment without any cost..

But frankly 1 vcore for traccar seems very low. Those cloud hosters are typicly there to scale up or down with your needs, why dont you just try it and monitor cpu and memory use?

shahaba year ago

Thanks @Track-trace2 for your feedback,
Actually currently I am doing the exact same thing,I have AWS credits which i will use it to find the sweet spot, I just want to know that is there someone who also have the same type of workload with traccar so he will be able to help me better.

leonardoa year ago

the problem of slowness is the amount of car with little processor and little ram and few users
If you have 500 or 1000 cars, you should have at least 500 minimum users who connect, this would give you problems in Apache, it already happened to me and I changed it.

shahaba year ago

Thanks @leonardo for your feedback,
I got it about the processor and ram but what is the relation of performance with the no of users, can you explain and since you already have encountered this problem, what you have done to fix it.