Maintenance Notifications

Wil Hawkesa year ago

Recently upgraded to 5.8, previous version was quite old. Apologies that I can't remember which. Didn't have the modern web interface.

I used to have the following Maintenance invervals

250 Hours, start at -10, every 250 hours.
500 hours, start at -10, every 500 hours.
10,000 miles, start at -400, every 10,000 miles.

They were selected on each item separately. Hilux would be on mileage, tractors and loaders would be hours based.

Since the upgrade we've had no notifications so I checked the values and they were wrong. Again, sorry I didn't record them. They were huge numbers in the thousands. I adjusted the values and it triggered an unreasonable influx of notifications. More than made sense.

I could have understood getting one for every notification ever (so 6 notifications for a tractor on 1450 hours) but it was so many more. Every few seconds.

So I deleted the maintenance rules and added them again, followed by working through the list of devices to add them again. But again, it's triggering excessive notifications.

Is there something in the system I'm not accounting for? The use of hours based notifications is the main purpose of us using Traccar.

Thanks.

Joysticka year ago

I haven't tested it recently but last time I did I had to set all values as milliseconds to get it to work.

Wil Hawkesa year ago

That explains the behavior. Odd, because it used to be an hour value.

I'll give it a crack, thank you.

Wil Hawkesa year ago

Using milliseconds worked, thanks.