Don't understand why I can't get my FMC130 to communicate with my Traccar server.

Amigob8 months ago

Hi

So what did I try and what works.

• I got the FMC130 to work on the Teltonika test server
  • I got the FMC130 to work on the Traccar test server ( it looks like it needs multiple packages for it shows position, online status is quick )
  • I got my server to work with a client app on my android phone via port 5055
  • My Traccar server website is accusable form outside my network

But the FMC130 will not update my own server, tracker stays offline on the server

What is configuration

• Raspberry PI 4, with 32 bit Traccar ( works via port 5055
  • on my router I forwarded port 8082,5055,5027 ( I even tried other porst by changing the configuration to use a different port for Teltonika ).
  • Tried codec8 and codec8 extended

I see some times a Teltonika package in the Traccar logging, but it doesn't look like a codec8 or codec8 extended,
If I understand the codec8 description it should start with a number of zeros.
It also does not show the parsed data after receiving the package. It shows that when I uses the port 5055 android client.

The Teltonika logging is really not very readable, difficult to see what s happening in there, but it works for other servers
So I expect that it is my router that closes the connection or so.

I uses a Shibby Tomato linux router ( I know I need to update ). Forwarding is 100% ok, because other tracking protocol works and web site works ( used VPN of my work and Nord VPN to test.

I have no Idea any more what to do ?

Track-trace8 months ago

How about showing the log from traccar server for that device?

Joystick8 months ago

Hi Amigob,

Did you add anything in the model tab for the device.

Turbovix8 months ago

Friend, have you already tested if port 5027 is accessible through the external network?
Use the link below to take the test.

https://www.traccar.org/port-check/

Amigob8 months ago

After a lot of frustrations, I found out that my Linux on the Raspberry pi was blocking all de incoming connections out side of my network.
After reinstall of raspberry pi OS everything is working fine. I don't know why it blocked everything, reinstall the OS and Deluge was a quicker solution
It was never the router, but he, the advantage is that the router now has the newest version of FreshTomato on it.

Thanks Turbovix didn't know about the port check tool.