I am looking for the smallest possible GPS tracker

Zero8 months ago

Since there is a lot of experience on the forum, I have the following question

I would like to place a GPS tracker in an ebike battery, but in some batteries there is very little space.

the input voltage varies between 21 and 56 volts depending on the type of battery 7s 10s 13s of course a voltage regulator can be used here

Which small GPS tracker is stable and communicates well with Traccar server?

I live in the Netherlands, in Amsterdam you have a 90% chance that they will steal your fat bike

Track-trace8 months ago

How much space do you have actually to fit in a tracker?

I have working small trackers which use a 3,6 volt battery and im using a 12v to 5v usb cable to connect it for instance to a car or scooter battery.

This tracker uses watch protocol. Its q60w which also has wifi tracking.

Like this one https://www.duizend.com/home/mini-gps-tracker-halsband-voor-hond-of-kat-incl-simkaart-en-verzendkosten.html

Zero8 months ago

Track-trace
The tracker does not need to be in a housing and does not need a battery

I was thinking more about something like that:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005005480990413.html

But there are many types of these zx905, zx904, Zx303
Does anyone know which one is stable and works well?
Maybe also a good store where they are not too expensive and of good quality

Track-trace8 months ago

Good Luck With Ali :)

DaveGG8 months ago

The best is the zx302 topin , some aliexpress shops offer about 10$

Tony Shelver8 months ago

Is the ZX302 Topin supported by Traccar? I find the ZhongXun Topin protocol, not sure if this is applicable.

Also, be very useful for our use if these would be LTE / 4G devices, or at least one of the supported IoT network protocols that are starting to be supported around the world.

Tony Shelver8 months ago

Track-trace: I don't have access to that link in my country.

Would be interested in any similar small devices which are known to work with Traccar and have 4G or LTE Cat M (IoT that many mobile carriers are starting to support here)

DaveGG8 months ago

First note this, ZX302 "just work is 2G".

Yes, I use ZX302 for my proyect open sky. The port use for traccar is 5199 (send SMS to the GPS SIM phone number wit IPpublic and port, example SERVER#XXX.XX.XX.XXX#5199)
Zx302, it only works in 2G, very good for open areas, ZX302 seller will send you all info to work first steps with the tracker, SIM, SMS, etc but if you wanna operate it open areas I recommend make and soldering a good antena for the frequency on which the operator SIM transmits, example 930Mhz or 1800Mhz etc, once you know that Mhz are take half lamnda of frecuency (example 150/930=0,1612xxxxx) so sixteen cm of cooper antena; tip, inside coaxial fine cable is good for that.
IoT is many things, maybe can work, I don't know.

DaveGG8 months ago

@Tony Shelver
You need out of CG-NAT.
the card SIM for mobile 4G LTE are all under CG-NAT. and the mobile android system is based on linux with and internal same CG-NAT
Tip, search Things Mobiles Cards IP Public (5$Month or an VPS service)

Zero8 months ago

I need in my country LTE / 4G, In the Netherlands, 2g are being invaded.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for the smallest possible GPS tracker with 4G support?
soldering a good antena for the frequency, There is sufficient space in an ebike battery for an antenna

Zero8 months ago

I want to use 1NCE simcard

DaveGG8 months ago

First know if 1NCE simcard have ippublic, 2do go to "topin official store" aliexpress and look New G50 4G GPS Tracker
If you run in 4G don't need nothing about antenna, antenna it is just for better connectivity for 2G frequencies

DaveGG8 months ago

1NCE is under AWS Cloud.

Mictrack7 months ago

Mictrack MT710 is an optional device for bike tracking, designed for ultra-low power tracking. It is compatible with Traccar and 1nce (Mictrack's partner).

Ebski7 months ago

ZX905 is working fine for me using topin protocol. Custom commands are also working.