Best Device for Fleet Maintenance

Donovan Kruger5 years ago

Hi, can I ask what device out of experience would be best for tracking which can include driver tags and fuel consumption from the vehicle ? Currently I am using Sanav GS-818 devices.

Ernesto Vallejo5 years ago

Try Meitrack devices. I do have good experiences with the brand.

Does the Meitrack devices return canbus data including acceleration and harsh braking to Traccar, or do you have to create computed attributes ?

Meitrack devices do not require canbus for harsh breaking/accel params. They are included as events, no computed attributes are required.

Hi Ernesto, thanks.

What about the following:

Vehicle RPM
Vehicle Odometer (real)

Have you got experience on using iButton driver tags with Meitrack and Traccar. Will Traccar show which driver is using which vehicle when connected to a iButton reader and tag ?

For vehicle RPM, vin, temperature, throttle, odometer, etc you will for sure require canbus access. Meitrack devices do work fine. However, I always advice to testflight solutions prior to full execution, just in case some other hardware / materials are required for your own solution.

iButton works well too with Traccar.

As an alternative, Queclink devices work fine as well (gv300W with can100 std and can-click)