Best trackar device

odnanref4 years ago

Hi, I would like to known what is the best tracker device that you tried. Which one works better, most accuracy, less consum, best price, you know.

I have tried the TK05 from kingneed, ST901, tk806 and Gt003, and the best for me is the TK05. Is the most expensive one, that's the bad side...

Dibbs4 years ago

I use Cal Amp devices - they are really good and you can do things with them that many others can't do, but you need to be able to program them "by hand".

Next best for me is Teltonika devices - dead easy to program with the GUI tool and you can send commands to them via Traccar. The downside is that their documentation whilst good - doesn't go into full detail about certain things.

Consumption - you have to work this out by hand (or I certainly did) based on the packet size (plus headers), frequency of packets etc and how often your card provider closes data sessions etc and what the charging increments are (most seem to round sessions up to the nearest 1KB).

Henk-Jan4 years ago

Hmm, in my opinion is the GT02A of dyegoo the best what i tried. Works always, program via SMS is maybe little difficult. But has strong GSM singal and GPS. And in combination of the price of arround €13,- is really good.

rsinghal4 years ago

Hey Dibbs,

Cal Amp devices look professional but they don't seem to publish pricing anywhere. Will you be able to give ball-park pricing? Also do you know if they have 'Sudden Breaking detection' ?

Dibbs4 years ago

Hi rsignhal,

Pricing isn't public - you either have to sign up with them (NDA's etc) or buy thru the aftermarket (which I do).

"Sudden Breaking detection" - you would need to set a threshold for the accelerator and then force a report (data packet) to be sent when it is exceeded. I do something similar for speed but haven't tried it for the accelerator (raking).

I'll put it on my list and see how I get on.

Dibs

javier2604 years ago

Hi,
I would like to install a tracker in a scooter that I’m not using very often, and I don’t want to drain scooter’s battery if I don’t use it for 3 or 4 weeks. So, I need a tracker that remains deactivated (with close to no-consumption) if the scooter is not moving, and sends accurate GPS tracking if scooter is moving. I suppose a movement sensor and a good logic in the tracker is needed.
Anyone knows a device that do that? Any of the mentioned here? (of course to use with traccar and not very expensive :) )
Thanks

Dibbs4 years ago

Hi Javier

I'd recommend a Teltonika FMB204 - has one of the largest internal batteries I've seen & is still quite small. And fully waterproof.

HIH

Dibs