Change vehicle icon

Jonathan Ortiz4 years ago

Please someone has managed to change the SVG icons for custom icons, I was using inkscape and illustrator but I have not managed to change the icons, even though I checked the id of the svg images. But without success. Someone who can support me. Thank you.

huismori4 years ago

Hello,

I also want to change icons but no luck, is it actually possible ?

Thanks in advance

Hi, if possible. The issue is that there is a special configuration when creating the SVG of the icons.

huismori4 years ago

I couldnt find any documentation for this .

MJ4 years ago

Have a look at the bottom of your language file in /web/l10n/. I had success by modifying the original SVG's into new ones and matching the names in the language file, like this:

New icon: caravan.svg

Addition to language file: "categoryCaravan": "Caravan",

Of course, you will need to modify every language file to make the name/s available in all languages. If you simply want to modify an original icon, just mod it and ftp, replacing the original with the same name.

Gracias. Lo probaré.

MJ4 years ago

I forgot to mention, if you add new icons you need to add them to window.Images at the bottom of /web/load.js

window.Images = ['arrow', 'default', 'animal', 'caravan'];

huismori4 years ago

Hi MJ,

thanks for the tip, it Works good but only there is problem;

When I click an icon on the map, icon changes to something else, not same icon gets bigger !

How did you solve it ?

Thanks

huismori4 years ago

Well ok I found it, it is about the svg image, i used different editör now it lokks ok.

Thanks

luigi4 years ago

Hello guys!

I been trying to change icons, I tried to follow the steps MJ to add /web/load.js and in the language folder. However, it does not work when I go to Category I can see the new option but is blank without name or logo display and It does not allow me to choose that option. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Cheer guys!

Claudio Carrasco4 years ago

Hi, what editor I should to use?

Thanks.

huismori4 years ago

Inkscape

paul2 years ago

huismori do you remember what svg format you saved it with in inkscape? thank you.

paul2 years ago

I have the icon showing on the screen but when you click on it it becomes a car lol

huismori2 years ago

Actually, what you should do is, open any of the default svg file from traccar and edit it via Inkscape.