CJ-730 Plus (ignition feature) Not Sending messages on Battery

Zero482 years ago

Hello,
I have a couple of CJ-730 Plus (ignition feature), which work weird . When they are disconnected from power source (Vehicle's battery) it won't work, blue and Green leds are solid on but no data is sent. No. answer from it also using SMS commands
No power cut SMS is sent either.
When it is connected back to power source everything is working according to the Specs.

Any experience or hint ?

Thanks in advance .

Zero482 years ago

Just For general information. Battery Level of full LION polymer is 4.2vdc ,but for a reason when switch to battery the internal 3.3v regulator ( I'm asumming it is a LDO regulator ) voltage it is 4.1vdc . I put out the battery and Put my Lab Power supply and minimun voltage to make the LDO 3.3v regulator works is 4.5Vdc. with that it works as expected. The current drain , peak sometimes on 243ma where the internal battery it is just 100ma (probably less since is not high top quality). Bad design . The commands are not complete . I Will do avoid these .
I hope help somebody

totem2 years ago

Hello Zero48,
first of all thank you for your detailed description. I wanted to buy a CJ730 Plus since it is a 4G and I have two questions:

• did you measure the current consumption? I would like to use it on a scooter and I would like to avoid having to push it because after a couple of hours the battery is low...
  • Is there enough space to replace the 100mA battery with a different one ?
    Thanks a lot
    Marco
ma year ago

I know its old thread but also like to know

"Is there enough space to replace the 100mA battery with a different one ?"

I have same 100 ma battery in CJ780 GPS tracker which is not working.

Rogerio Sobreraa year ago

can you let me know which port you used to configure your tracker please? I use this same device cj780