Data isn't receiving to the Server

Hi, I've been trying to create a TCP Listener in C# for a GT06 based gps device.

I've tested the listener through a TCP client and its working fine, but no data is being received on the TCP Listener from the device. I've also hosted this listener on a VPS.

I've checked that GPRS is enabled and device is sending data to another server and working fine there.

What could be the issue?

Ernesto Vallejo5 years ago

Check for any misconfiguration on routing.
Opened ports, router redirects, server firewall, etc.

Already checked such things, as per my message the TCP Listener has been checked with a dummy TCP client and its working.

However not receiving any data from GPS device. What could be the issue?

What I would do (and maybe you already had)

1- Make sure device sending data. I would reconfigure device to send data to traccar server in order for me to make sure device is correctly sending information and there's not an issue with SIM card and/or signal coverage.

2- Reconfigure device to target your TCP listener. Or even better yet, move your TCP listener to where traccar server is. This way, you can make sure that device is reaching the port.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I've tried these things already. Even I tried with one another way i.e. targeted a device which is already been configured with a different server and sending data over there but after associating it with my server and port no activity were seen to my C# listener from that device.

Is there anything which I'm missing while developing my listener? However, as far as I researched on this topic I've written the correct code.

I would not be able to suggest anything from c# since I know very few of this language.
I could only suggest you to make as many breakpoints in your code as possible. Maybe at some point in your code, device message gets drain somewhere unnoticed.