STATUS# response is LINK DOWN mostly, LINK UP rarely - Discontinuous Connection with Server

Sumitabh5 years ago

Hi All,

Problem:
I have been using the GT06 protocol for the last 3 years and was getting a smooth experience.
But from April 15th, 2019 onwards, I started facing the issue of Link-Down/Link-Up, which randomly in time.
Resulting in no live tracking and straight lines in playback, but I am getting updates when I use the SMS commands.

This is how I have made the setup.

1. Installed the device it in a Car.

2. Setup APN: APN,APN’name#
    Response - OK! for the newly-set APN to take effect, the device will reboot after 10s.

3. Setup Server: SERVER,0,IP,5023,0# (was using DNS but then I removed it to simplify and troubleshooting)
    Response - OK

4. Device Reset: RESET#
    Response - The terminal will restart after 20sec!

When the problem persisted after the above setup made in sequence, this is how I tried to troubleshoot:

1. Made sure the IP is whitelisted at network providers' end. (although I used my personal SIM to avoid that case as well).
  2. Verified with APN#, STATUS#, GPRSSET#, WHERE# etc. to ensure the network and device updates are happening, which is working fine.
  3. Connected to the Chinese server - Tracksolid, and every time it is LINK UP on STATUS# and shows smooth tracking and playback.

Now I need to understand how should I approach this problem to troubleshoot.

1. Does the PORT 5023 make any difference if I change it, as TrackSolid is using personalized PORT 21100?
  2. Is there any update I have missed that might resolve the issue
  3. Is there any hunch of why it might be (apart from what is already mentioned in the post)?

Please suggest.

Regards,
Sumitabh Singh

Bachu4 years ago

I have the same issue. It looks like devices are not able to connect to the server. Did you find a soluton? My version is 4.3.