Device Suggestion: Queclink GL300?

Justin5 years ago

I'm looking for a tracking device that I can leave in the purse of my elderly grandmother, so I can make sure everything is OK when she's with her daytime caretaker. The Queclink GL300 seems (?) to be the most popular reasonably-sized, battery-operated tracker that's rebranded & used by commercial tracking companies (i.e. AmericaLoc, Spytec, Optimus, etc). Would this be the best suggested device to use with Traccar for such a purpose? Any other better suggestions? Obviously as long battery life as possible is preferred, but as it will be carried on her physically (i.e. not in a car), size is important.

Second question: If GL300 is the way to go, it looks like there are a few variations: GL300, GL300W, GL300 LTE. Any thoughts on selecting between them?

Thanks in advance! :)

Sandor Mikus5 years ago

try pointer nano best personal tracker and has panic and falling detection, beltclip, dial in listen, and like 100 euros.

Justin5 years ago

pointer nano = CelloTrack Nano? This product? https://www.cellocator.com/products/cellotrack-nano/

Sandor Mikus5 years ago

yes. my work is test devices for logistic systems but this device has various sensors like light orientation and fall sensor. im not sure it supported by traccar but they give a whole dev kit and ota update for free. Its the best ive ever seen. it has config profiles for various situations like "lonely worker"

Sandor Mikus5 years ago

we have bought an eval kit from this manufacturer, and the device logic is complex and you can do whatever you want. the bad news is you have to program the device to fit your needs, but its very reliable and not made in china.

Justin5 years ago

Ah - but you don't know if it works with Traccar? That would be a pretty fundamental criteria :) Is that how you hope to eventually use it...?

Sandor Mikus5 years ago

i use it on my own server my own sql express. unfortunetely it uses binary protocol and afaik it not supported but its a great device.

Justin5 years ago

If not supported, probably not feasible for my application. Thanks for the idea tho.

Robert Smith5 years ago

Hello Justin,

If you do choose something from the GL300 series, you should go with the GL300W or one of the LTE's. The older devices only support 2G networks, which are being phased out.

Justin5 years ago

Great tip, thanks :)

Sandor Mikus5 years ago

its a bit sophisticated but great devices. i can say that the whole cello families are great!