External Battery Pack for ST-901

Mike2 months ago

Looking to extend the Battery Life of the ST-901. Has anyone adding an External Rechargeable Battery Pack in addition to the 12 volt supply of the auto? I would like a longer life than the few hours in the ST-901 in the event the main batter gets disconnected.

Track-trace2 months ago

Just add an external rechargable battery to your main car battery. So it gets charged automaticly. If your main battery is 12v then you can add any battery to it from small to big (even bigger then you car battery).

But i wonder why you would want to make it a Hassle for such a cheapo device.. while there are many trackers that can update for much longer time with their internal rechargable battery.

Mike2 months ago

I am open for devise recommendations. We are just getting into this approach and would be interested in recommendations.. I have been using Track-4 for some time, but I would like to move to my own server and monitoring and notification solution with more features. I have others like LoJack (slow to notify) and Onstar (Worthless)...

Mike2 months ago

Any idea if Trak-4 can be reconfigured to work with Traccar? I have several of these in place, battery life is good, but I must rely on Trak-4 service.